Baby Gorilla like all animals babies is very cute and harmless. We have gathered complete set of Baby Gorilla Facts that will help you in learning all about Baby Gorilla including their name, size and weight. You are also going to learn about the babies of the different species of the gorillas.
Baby Gorilla Facts
What Is A Young Baby Gorilla Called
- A young baby gorilla is called an infant.
- If compared to humans the size of the young baby gorilla is much smaller than the human baby. The young baby gorilla is about two times smaller than the human baby.
What Is The Size of A Baby Gorilla
- The size of a baby gorilla at birth is very small. They are very much tiny in size and weight about 3 to 4 pounds (1.4kg to 1.8kg).
How Much Does A Baby Gorilla Weight-Baby Gorilla Weight
- Just like the size, the baby gorilla weight is also lesser than the human baby.
- At the time of birth, the weight of a baby gorilla is just 3 to 4 pounds which is equal to 1.4 kg to 1.8 kg while the humans new born baby average weight is 5.5 pounds equal to 2.5 kg.
Baby Gorilla Hairs
- the body of the newborn baby gorilla is covered with brownish hairs.
- Almost all the body parts are covered with these brownish hairs except fingers. Palms, face, arm fits and bottom of their feet.
Baby Mountain Gorilla
- Just like the other gorillas the mountain gorillas also give birth to babies once or twice a decade.
- The size of the gorilla at the birth is very small if compared to humans but they grow at a very faster rate.
- The average weight of a baby mountain gorilla is about 1.4 kg to 1.8kg (3 to 4 pounds).
- They are nursed by their mothers till 3 to 4 years.
- They learn to sit up right in the age of 3 months.
- At the age of 6 months they learn to crawl.
- They are fed by mother’s breast milk till the average age of 2.5 years. After that they start eating food lightly.
Baby Western Lowland Gorilla
- The western Lowland Gorilla give birth to baby once or twice in a decade.
- They often give birth to one baby and occasionally produce twins like humans
- The weight of the baby western lowland gorilla is just 3 to 4 pounds.
- They are tightly attached to mom’s hair.
- For about three to four months they ride on the back of their mothers.
- They young baby are nursed by their mothers till three to four years.
- The female baby western Lowland Gorilla mature earlier than the male Western Lowland gorilla. The female western Lowland Gorilla mature at the age of about 10 years while the male western Lowland Gorillas mature at the average age of fifteen.
Baby Silverback Gorilla
- Silverback gorilla is the adult male gorilla. Silverback gorilla uses to be the leader of the whole group. it leads a group, protect the group from others dangers. A silverback gorilla also leads the whole group from morning to evening in search of food.
- It is called as silverback gorilla because when the male gorilla become adult, silver hairs start growing on their back and so it is called as silverback gorilla.
- As all baby gorillas are black back. So there is no concept of baby silverback gorilla.
Interesting Facts About Baby Gorilla
- Female Gorillas remain pregnant for about 8 to 9 months just like human females.
- A female gorilla give birth to about 3 infants in the whole life span.
- The weight of the baby gorilla is almost half of the weight of the human baby weight at birth.
- The baby gorilla is fed up to the average age of 2.5 years by their mother’s milk.
- They learn to sit upright at the age of 3 months.
- They start crawling like human babies at the age of 6 months.
- They male baby gorilla becomes adult at the age of 15 years just like humans
- The female gorilla adults a bit earlier than the male gorilla at the age of ten.
- The male gorilla after adulthood at the age of about twenty leave their group and seek for another mate.
- The female gorilla breeds at the average age of 12 while the male gorilla breeds at the average age of 16.