Gorillas are one of the largest living primates on earth. They are very similar to the human beings. After chimpanzees and bonobos they are the second closest living relatives to humans. Also because gorillas are the most similar primates to humans on earth, people also pay extra attention and love to them. Protecting and caring for gorillas is the responsibility and obligation of our human beings. Those who like gorillas can also customize gorilla-image badges, which can not only be used to raise the awareness of gorilla protection, but also be used for collection. At GS-JJ.com , any design and style can be freely selected, come and have a look!
Those who have not seen gorilla in real, they often wonder “How Tall are Gorillas”. We have gathered complete information on Gorilla Height which will give you a clear picture how much tall they are. You are going to learn about the height of different gorilla species and its comparison with human and other primates.
How Tall Are Gorillas
Average Gorilla Height
- The average height of a gorilla is 1.7meter.
- The Western Lowland Gorilla have the shortest height that ranges from 1.5 meter to 1.7 meter.
- The Eastern Lowland Gorillas are considered the tallest with height of more than 1.7 meter.
Gorilla Height In Feet
- The adult male gorilla height ranges from 5’ feet 5 inches to 5 feet 9 inches..
- The female gorilla is 5 to 9 inches shorter than the male having average height of 5 feet.
- The Silverback Gorilla size ranges from 5 feet to 5 feet 9 inches.
How Tall Is A Gorilla Standing
- A gorilla walks on four legs but they can stand on its hind legs.
- A gorilla can walk upto 20 feet on two legs.
- A gorilla when standing up on two legs has an average height of 6 feet almost equal to human height while on four legs it has an average height of 5 feet 6 inches.
How Tall Are Mountain Gorillas
- Mountain gorilla is a specie of the gorillas.
- The average height of a mountain gorilla is 4 to 6 ft.
How Tall Is A Male Gorilla
- The male gorilla is a bit taller than the female gorilla.
- The average male western lowland gorilla height ranges from 1.6 meter to 1.7 meter.
- The average male eastern lowland gorilla height is 1.7meter.
- The average male mountain gorilla height ranges from 1.2 meter to 1.8 meter.
How Tall Is A Silverback Gorilla – Silverback Gorilla Height
- Silverback gorilla is considered as the oldest and wisest among all the gorillas. Silverback gorilla is also the leader of a troop.
- The average height of a silverback gorilla ranges from 5 feet to 5.9 feet.
How Tall Is A Silverback Gorilla Standing
- Like all the other gorillas silverback gorilla also walks on four legs. But it has the ability to stand and walk on 2 legs.
- When silverback gorilla stands up on two legs its height ranges from 5 to 5.9 feet.
How Tall Is a Female Gorilla
- The female gorillas are a bit shorter in length than the male gorillas .
- The average height of female western lowland gorilla is 1.2 meter to 1.4 meter.
- The average height of female Eastern Lowland is 1.5 meter.
- The average height of a female mountain gorilla is 1.4 meter.
Gorilla Height Compared To Humans
- The average human height is 6 feet, while the average gorilla height is 5.5 feet.
- The male human being has an average height of 6 feet 1 inches while the average male gorilla has a height of 6 feet.
- The female human being has an average height of 5 feet 7 inches while the average female gorilla height is 4 to 5 feet.
Height Comparison Of Different Gorilla Species
- There are three different species of gorillas.i.e
- Western lowland gorillas.
- Eastern lowland gorillas
- Mountain gorillas
- The average height of western lowland gorilla ranges from 1.5 meter to 1.7meter.
- The average height of eastern lowland gorilla is 1.7 meter
- The average height of Mountain gorilla ranges from 4 to 6 feet.